Pages

December 1, 2009

Maths - Descent

Well, this is the "ridiculously amazing screamo album" I was talking about in my post two days ago. And this really is an amazing album, but I hope I didn't hype it too much for ya. But whatever, you'll probably love it too. Ok, so the album was released this year and it is Maths' first LP after tons of demos and splits and stuff. I'd listened to their split with Throats earlier, and I really loved it. So naturally I was very excited when I found out they'd released a full-length, and it is also in the very style of screamo which happens to be my favorite; lots of melodic, harmonized riffs, raw screams full of emotion, a little post-rock thrown in here and there and of course epic build-ups (much like Envy). What is also notable is how well the album flows. Honestly, if I weren't paying much attention, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of when one song ends and the next one begins. So obviously Maths put in a large amount of effort to make this album be what it is. Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite releases this year, and if you have any sort of musical interest in screamo, you should definitely check this one out for som raw, beautiful, melodic screamo. Also, it's awesome.

Oh, and as a little bonus, I thought I'd upload the split with Throats too. Awesome stuff as well. You know like really, really good. Download both of them. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails