Pages

December 17, 2009

The Avett Brothers - Emotionalism


Why, hello everyone! It's been a while since my last album post (a week to be precise). I promised I would post something today, and as you can see; I held my promise.
Okay, so the Avett Brothers is a folk/bluegrass trio who makes awesome folk/bluegrass with a strong rock-influence. I don't know if you've noticed it, but folk is pretty much one of my favorite genres (as well as folk-related genres, such as bluegrass and alt-country). On Emotionalism they seamlessly mix fantastic singing with nice, catchy guitar, harmonica, bass and banjo. Still they retain a very rocky sound and it really never gets boring. I listened to album just about a week ago for the first time, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. folk/bluegrass/country-fan or not, you should check this out, because it is just brilliant. Very "indie" and modern sounding folk with bluegrass and alt-country in the vein of Calexico makes this album a truly amazing experience. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails