Pages

November 9, 2009

iLiKETRAiNS - Elegies To Lessons Learnt


Hello. I am presuming your ears are still recovering from the injuries to your ears caused by the awesomeness of the albums I posted yesterday, but still, here's another one. With a name like 'iLiKETRAiNS' you make your band seem like they are the pioneers of a new genre called; oh I don't know...'Tardcore' perhaps? No, but seriously, this is a great band and this album is awesome (surprised? I didn't think so). It also happens to be something you don't see very often; vocal post-rock. Sure, Sigur Rós plays vocal post-rock, but the difference is between them and iLiKETRAiNS is that iLiKETRAiNS have far more 'epic' (so to speak) instrumentation, and of course they're not boring as shit either. The vocals really remind me of Death In June, but you know without all the scary nazi-references, masks, military obsession and creepy, apocalyptic folk-guitar. So basically I guess the album sounds like epic post-rock with Death In June-like vocals. Definitely check this out if you like post-rock. Great, great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails