Pages

October 16, 2010

Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Burn The Earth! Leave It Behind!

Late post, but it's a post. Today I'm writing about Wingnut Dishwashers Union, the project Pat the Bunny (from Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains) started after he decided to stop being a depressed junkie.
It basically consists of him singing and playing guitar, along with his friends (I think) playing other cool intruments.
He has now entered a year long rehab program and is out due December this year. However, it is unclear if he will keep making this kind of music after he gets out.

Now, to the album. First off, it has better production (I think he actually has a little money for stuff besides drugs now). There's even electric guitar in one song, holy shit.
The material is pretty much more of the same (which is in no way bad of course) and the lyrics are similar, except without drugs and less misery.
I mean, it really sounds like an actual band most of the time, you know with drums and everything.
But I still can't decide which of his projects are better.
WDU is more folky most of the time (which I love), but it doesn't have those "anthems" that made Johnny Hobo so great. But whatever. I'll leave that decision to you.

8/10

Password: m7gPJCs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails