Pages

February 6, 2010

Norma - Book Of Norma


Yes, yes, yes. Late Saturday update comin' at ya (at least late where I am). This album is an album I actually found at my local library some while ago (very big library by the way, and they have a nice habit of purchasing obscure, yet very good albums which you can then loan for free. Awesome right?).
Norma is a post-punk/shoegaze/indie rock/whatever band straight out of the Argentina underground. How exactly the people at the library got a hold of this I'm not sure, but that's not really the important thing here, the important thing is that this album is pretty fucking good.
I only picked up this album because I thought the cover looked cool and the name sounded interesting. But then it turned out to be really good too.
The first song is a little weird and noisy, so the first time I listened to it, I thought: "What the hell is this shit? Should've never borrowed it" or something along those lines.
But then the second song wowed me (probably the best on the album, or at least second best).
Their sound is really cool, like a fresh take on the classic post-punk/shoegaze sound of the late 80's. It's sounds retro, but still modern and up-to-date.
Yeah, it's an awesome album and I think you should check it out ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails