Pages

January 18, 2010

The Sound - Jeopardy


Hey everybody, I'm back! Hooray!
No, but seriously, I decided to keep blogging (obviously) so today I'll have another album for you to enjoy.
As for the "albums of the decade"-list; I probably won't be making one any time soon because it's just too much work and I don't have time for that.

Alright, now onto the music. The album I've decided to post today is an album I stumbled across about a week ago and have benn enjoying quite a lot the last few days.
This is, in my opinion, probably one of the most underrated albums (and bands) of the 80's, maybe even one of the best.
The thing that I love most about this album is, well, everything really. The drums in the background playing all kinds of variations of that classic post-punk beat, the wonderful vocals, the wonderful, melodic yet at times dissonant guitar chops and the fat, creeping basslines.
The bass on this albums is kind of special in a way that it's just as prominent as the guitar, maybe even more. While the bass is playing just about all the time, the guitar really only "pops in" for quick chops and some short riffs here and there, mostly during the choruses. This is especially evident in the first song, which also happens to be my favorite song of the album, along with "Missiles" and the title track, "Jeopardy".
So if you like new wave, post-punk and/or other stuff like that and you haven't already heard this album, now is a damn good time.
Because this right here is fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails