Pages

January 20, 2010

Black Uhuru - The Dub Factor


Hello everyone. Got something a little bit different today, namely some dub.
Now, I'm not a big fan of dub (in fact, this is the first dub I've ever listened to), but recently I got a bunch of vinyls from my uncle and this was one of them. It looked interesting, so I decided to check it out. It turned to be pretty awesome.
If you don't know what dub is, it's pretty much just reggae with a fuckton of delay, reverb and stuff like that.
This album is actually a remix album containing dub remixes of various Black Uhuru reggae songs. The songs are almost entirely instrumental too, with the occasional vocals.
I haven't heard any of Black Uhuru's material besides this, so I can't really give a comparison, but at least I can that it's good.
I don't really know what more to say, if you like reggae, dub or maybe even dubstep you'll probably like this. It's a good album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails