Pages

January 19, 2010

Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind Of Cadwallader


Hello. Time for some more good music. I hope you enjoyed the last album I posted, I sure did.
Now, if you've been following the blog for a little while you probably know that I'm a sucker for emo (especially 90's) and screamo, and so it is time for some more emo.
This is a good album. Very good. But unfortunately I just recently discovered this and so it's too late to put it on my aoty 2009 list. But what the hell, I'm posting it now.
What I love about these guys are that they sound just like Cap'n Jazz, and since Cap'n Jazz split-up quite early they didn't have time release a lot of material. So this kind of like a reunion in a way, I guess.
And when I say they sound like Cap'n Jazz, I really mean they sound like Cap'n Jazz. I actually checked their MySpace to make sure that it wasn't in fact Tim Kinsella doing the vocals, because they sound scarily similar. Same goes for the instrumentals; nice 90's emo revival guitar work, very "twinkly" and melodic, kind of like a mix between Cap'n Jazz and American Football (minus the sad/depressing stuff). It's really upbeat and happy sounding stuff, so none of that gloomy American Football-esque kind of emo. These guys are Cap'n Jazz 2.0.

They've got a new 7" coming out soon with an included CD containing 6 previously unreleased tracks. I'm thinking about pre-ordering it, and if I do and you like this album, I could rip itfor ya and upload it in flac or v0 mp3 or whatever. Here's a link if you're interested in ordering: http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.jsp?query=algernon

Honestly, the first tiem I listened to this I didn't really like it, it just felt kinda "meh", you know? But the second time around...wow. I guess you could say it was love at....umm....second listen?
Anyway, check it out, amazing stuff.

Oh, and I almost forgot; it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails