More importantly however, is that I'm abandoning this blog for good. Yep.
But fear not! I've thought about it and I think I'm gonna start up a new blog on tumblr.
It'll be sorta similar to this one but without all the piracy and stuff. Also I won't be posting about music exclusively (at least that's the plan). I think I'm gonna use the new blog for all kinds of personal venting and creative input/output. Not sure if that makes any sense to you, but whatever.
I haven't started it yet, but I'm eager to, considering how fucking sexy everything tumblr-related looks. I like it.
So yeah, we'll see how this turns out and I will get back to this post to give you the name of my new blog (I'm hoping most of you readers are going to follow my new one).
As a consolation, here's a short list of my top 10 albums of 2010:
- Titus Andronicus - The Monitor (Epic indie rock/punk with the greatest guitar riffs and solos you'll ever hear. Think Arcade Fire meets Desaparecidos.)
- Beach House - Teen Dream (Amazing, unique and hauntingly beautiful dream pop.)
- Bonobo - Black Sands (Jazzy, laid-back electronic masterpiece. Indescribable with words.)
- The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt (The Swedish god of American folk. Truly dylanesque.)
- Autechre - Oversteps (Masterfully crafted, beautifully melodic and wildly experimental. The modern masters of electronic music have done it again.)
- Caribou - Swim (Great album art, greater music. A Ph.D in mathematics apparently equals exquisitely crafted and sophisticated dance music. A must-listen.)
- Fang Island - Fang Island (They describe their music as "everyone high-fiving everyone". Couldn't have said it better myself.)
- Liars - Sisterworld (Grower of the year 2010. Experimental rock for the music aficionado.)
- Aloe Blacc - Good Things (Funky soul for the soul. 50 minutes of brilliance.)
- Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (You've heard it. It's very good. Yes.)
You can find download links for most of the albums if you search for them here. Example: "bonobo black sands" (without the quote marks, of course)
I've had a good run, hope you've enjoyed all the music. Goodbye and a happy new year!